MIDDLE SCHOOL SIGHT-READING
Middle School Music Mastery™
A Beginner-to-Advanced Middle School Sight-Reading Program
With carefully sequenced, easy-to-follow note and rhythm patterns, Foundations of Choral Mastery™ takes even the most hesitant middle schoolers and gives them the confidence they need to begin sight-reading on their own. Concepts presented for MASTERY include:
- counting of all typical notes and rests up to 16th notes
- finding and keeping track of Do
- keeping individual time
- recognizing and accurately tuning pitches
- identifying and performing intervals, and triadic recognition
- singing melodic lines
- developing sight reading skills of looking ahead and “pre-hearing” intervals before you sing them
- understanding and interpreting tempo expression markings
- performing rhythmic and melodic lines in duets
- understanding and differentiating time signatures
Each lesson incorporates ALL aspects of sight-reading on a single page. Lessons may be printed and distributed to your students. However, we recommend using some form of overhead projection, which has several advantages: the entire class is focused on a single task together; the teacher can correct or relocate the class quickly; and once procedures are learned, the entire lesson can take 4 minutes or less!
Foundations of Choral Mastery makes sight-reading fun!
Foundations of Choral Mastery contains 40 unique lessons, each one presented in Treble, Bass and Mixed formats for a total of 120 lessons. Having multiple formats affords you the flexibility to use the lessons with virtually any choir. Each lesson is rich in content, with a variety of musical terms and expressions, time signatures and keys. FCM lessons are aligned with national standards!
Foundations of Choral Mastery™
A complete Middle School sight-reading and music literacy course.